HelloFresh is a weekly meal delivery service. They provide you the directions and the ingredients, you make it. You can customize your meals on their website on which ones you want for the week or you can just let them select the meals to send. They typically have between 8-10 meals to choose from. You can choose how many meals you want delivered and the serving size. This all varies the price of the product. If you do the Family Plan, like I do. You get 3 meals for 4 people/servings and it costs regular price around $7.49/serving. So that is around $100 a week.
I have started using HelloFresh at least once a month for meals for our family. Now when I order it, I don’t pay the full price. I can get enough groceries with that $100 to feed them almost all 7 days. I typically do the HelloFresh when I get a promotional code to save some money. The key is though the promotional codes is only good for 1 week’s box. So you will need to deactivate or skip boxes on your account after you receive your box.
Some of the meals I have received the quality control of the packaging has not been great. However, when I contacted HelloFresh, they have been very kind and generous to give me a credit on my account. That being said, I have not been able to use a credit and a promotional code at the same time. So the credits usually sit on my account until I receive enough to purchase a box for full price ultimately free. I do still need to pay the shipping and handling though. That typically runs around $6.99, depending on serving and meal size.
The meals and directions are very easy to follow and anyone can do it! I like how the proteins almost always have a glaze or a delicious sauce. Some of them even have amazing rubs for them. They put spices together that I might not have thought of before. I also like that how they have you prepare the vegetables is more then just boil in water. Sometimes you bake them and other times it is microwave them. There have been a few meals that we have just not liked. These are all personal tastes though. Our family is pretty adventurous on flavors that we like. I will make a list below of the meals we have had and which one’s we liked and didn’t like.
If you are a busy mom and just can’t find the time and want a break from going to the grocery store or just too tired of coming up with items to make. HelloFresh just might be a great idea for you. For me to get my box on Tuesday, I have to order it by Thursday the week prior. Why not try it to even just get some new recipes! Below is a link to save you $40 on your first box!
Meals We Liked:
- Beef & Poblano Tacos
- Korean Beef Bibimbap
- Honey Butter BBQ Pork Cutlets – Loved the sweet and smokey BBQ seasoning on the pork cutlets!
- Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos
- Sweet ‘N’ Smoky Pork Tenderloins – The Apple Carrot Slaw that came with it, was not very exciting. However, the pork tenderloin with the Smoky Cinnamon Paprika Spice, was amazing!
- Crispy Hot Honey Chicken
- Carne Asada Steak Bowls
- Mexican Pork Street Corn Tacos
- Honey Sesame Chicken – If you are craving Honey Chicken from a restaurant, this is just as good!
- Figgy Balsamic Pork – This is one of our families favorites!
- Creamy Dill Chicken – This meal surprised me with how much I liked the Dill Chicken.
- Cherry Balsamic Pork Chops
- Sweet and Smoky Chicken Breasts
- Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloins
Meals We Didn’t Like, But Ate:
- Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas
- Cauliflower Bacon Mac ‘N’ Cheese
- Gouda Pork Burger
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Pork Sausage Spaghetti Bolognese
- Bulgogi Chicken Taco’s
- Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- Pork Carnitas Taco’s
- Juicy Lucy Burgers
I also did reviews on EveryPlate and Blue Apron! Check them out too!